Thursday 5 December 2013

A Christmas gift idea...

If you are a knitter or crocheter, you understand the necessity of a great project bag. Over the years we knitters have used all kinds of different project bags: ziplock bags,  paper bags, Starbucks canvas bags.. to name a few : ) Lately though our favourite bag of choice has been the beautiful reversible ones our Mama has made for us. She made the first one last year and gave it to Leah for Christmas. She gave it along side a gift of wool, which was just right amount for Leah's grey sweater. Leah has toted that project bag all year, and the lovely bag has held up through the entire creation of her sweater. Our Mama chose prints of British guards and tiaras as Leah dreams of one day visiting England. She is also our Princess Leah of course ; )





























I was surprised by our Mama on my birthday with my own new project bag and am so grateful. It's been the perfect companion for all my Christmas knitting. The fabric she picked on the inside is extra special, as it is from our travels last year to Philadelphia. Every time I see it, I am reminded of the Amish and Mennonite fabric shops, and how I fell in love with vintage prints. Now I just have to learn to sew : ) Thank goodness for the talented fingers of Charstar and our Mama!





























If you are looking for the perfect gift try this pattern here
It also makes a great lunch bag if you aren't a knitter : ) Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. OK. I am finally going to ask Daisy Renée the question that I ask myself at least once a week: DOES YOUR MAMA EVER SLEEP??????
    She does the most amazingly creative things all the time.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha Duchess, no she is a night owl so sleep is something she always finds hard to do : )
      She really is super creative and inspires me every single day. xo

      Delete