Thursday 30 January 2014

Beauty

One of the blogs we like to follow and read is Mr Kate, a DIY creative blog full of lots of lovely ideas. Last week Mr. Kate wrote a post on beauty, asking her readers: "What is beauty to you?" For her, beauty is humor and she feels beautiful when she is silly, making people laugh. We three girls sat down and asked each other what beauty means to us. For Miss Charlotte beauty is creativity, and she feels the most beautiful when she is in her studio, in her natural state, creating a new stuffie. For the lovely Leah, beauty is service, and she feels the most beautiful when she is giving of herself to others. For me it is similar to both girls, beauty is love and I feel beautiful when I am loving others, whether it be by teaching reading, dancing with an elderly gentleman, or making our godsons laugh with whoopee cushions. We think the underlying theme is that when we are our most true to ourselves, we feel the most beautiful.














































































What about you? What does beauty mean to you?

Here's what a few others had to say on beauty: 

" Yes, yes, said the Beast, "my heart is good, but still I am a monster." "Among mankind, says Beauty, there are many that deserve that name more than you, and I prefer you, just as you are, to those, who, under a human form, hide a treacherous, corrupt, and ungrateful heart." Jeanne- Marie Leprince de Beaumont 

"I'm beautiful to the one person who matters."
"Yes, Hector's mouth is going to drop when he sees you" 
"Thank you, but I meant me. I'm beautiful to me" Rae Carson 

"God made a very obvious choice when He made me voluptuous; why would I go against what He decided for me? My limbs work, so I'm not going to complain about the way my body is shaped" Drew Barrymore 

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others." Marianne Wilson 

"Taking joy in living, is a woman's best cosmetic" Rosalind Russell 

"There is no exquisite beauty... without some strangeness in imperfections." Edgar Allan Poe 

"The most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss, and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity, and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, and a deep loving concern. Beautiful people do not just happen." Elisabeth Kubler-Ross

No comments:

Post a Comment