Tuesday 7 January 2014

Charlotte's Cowl

In the fall we attended Fiber Fest in the gorgeous town of Arnprior. While perusing through the stands of fleece, buttons and wool, Charlotte and I came across  Riverside Studio. Huge bats of coloured fleece, hand dyed merino in greys, mustard yellows, cobalt blues, beckoned our fingers (and my visa card) to touch.





























I wanted to knit Charlotte something for Christmas, as she always makes the most elaborate Christmas gifts for us girlies. (which she did again this and we will show soon!) Charlotte fell in love with this very pretty hand dyed blue merino wool. I wasn't sure what to do with it, and so brought it one night to wind up at our knitting group. Our talented Knitting Queen came to my rescue and  found the perfect pattern for it: Dew Drop Cowl































































Charlotte wanted hers to be much thicker, so I repeated the lace pattern until it was the right width. The Dew Drop Cowl is a very easy lace pattern and is perfect for the dyed merino wool.


No comments:

Post a Comment